1. Do you just work with business owners?
No, I also help individuals with their tax and financial needs and enjoy it!
2. I don’t live in the Springfield, MO area. Can we still work together?
Yes, I work with small businesses all over the country. I have clients as far north as Wisconsin, as far west as Los Angeles, and as far east as Tennessee. With the technology available today, we can work together seamlessly whether you are local or not.
3. How often will we meet together?
This depends on the level of service you desire. If you choose us to do your outsourced accounting work, we will collaborate monthly or weekly. If you just want tax compliance and planning, usually that will include a meeting late in the year followed by tax preparation in February or March. All our services come with unlimited email and phone correspondence for no additional charge. We don’t want you to be afraid to pick up the phone if you have questions or concerns.
4. How do I pay for your services?
If you are on a monthly retainer package, we automatically withdraw the funds from your checking account or credit card each month. If we provide services on a per project basis, the final bill will be due upon completion. We refuse to spend our time chasing collections, so if this set up will be a problem I’d be glad to recommend another professional. If you’d like to cancel service, we ask that you do so by giving a 30 day notice.
5. Bookkeeping is easy and simple, why should we outsource to you?
You are correct that the basics of bookkeeping are not difficult. Intuit has tried convincing the world it is so easy a caveman could do it, but we've found the opposite to be true in our practice. For small biz owners who choose to do their own bookkeeping, we end up spending a lot of time during the tax preparation process trying to adjust the numbers so they accurately reflect the operations for the previous year. Whether that time is billed separately or wrapped into your tax prep costs, those fees are passed on to you whether you like it or not.
Most small biz owners did not go through all the blood, sweat, and tears to get their business off the ground so they can spend their evenings and weekends entering transactions in Quickbooks. We believe that the knowledge contained inside the numbers will help transform your business into a well-oiled machine. We take those numbers and transform them into actionable business insights highlighting key performance indicators, benchmarks, and comparisons so you can see how your business is performing in real time.
Due to advances in technology, we’re able to provide these services at a fraction of the cost from the traditional compilation services provided by many CPAs. The decision comes down to this: Is your time better spent performing an extra service each month or spent doing bookkeeping, payroll, and other back office tasks? I'll leave the decision up to you!
6. Are we a good fit to work together?
We will likely NOT be a good fit if:
• You want us to help you do illegal things like lie, cheat, or steal.
• You want to talk about politics and how you think they relate to my services.
• You’d rather get your tax, accounting, and financial info from “your buddy who owns a mechanic shop” instead of picking up the phone and giving me a call.
We will likely work great together if:
• You want a CPA who provides ongoing planning, support, and advice for an affordable fee. You dislike just hearing from your accountant at tax time and would appreciate a more proactive relationship.
• You’d like help understanding how your personal financial situation is impacted by your small business.
• You want a trusted advisor to outsource many of the back office accounting headaches that you hate doing each month.
• You want a partner to provide tax, accounting, and financial information to help you make informed decisions as you journey through your life.
- Note: This isn't a comprehensive list, but rather an overview of some of the characteristics of clients that get the most out of my services.
7. Do you charge a fee for an initial consultation?
No, we will not charge you for an initial phone consultation. If it runs past 30 minutes, I'll ask to set up a meeting and give you an idea of fees before we meet (no surprises!).
As other questions come up, I'd be glad to answer them! Feel free to give me a call at 417-379-1076. You can also use the Contact Form to drop me a note.